- What is a text message?
- Do people want to receive messages on their phone?
- Is the service difficult to use?
- What is Commodity Update?
- What is the Update Message Center?
- Can I provide the service to my customers?
- How much does the service cost?
- Are volume discounts available?
- How do I sign up for a Commodity Update Account?
- Do I have to sign any long-term contracts?
- Will Commodity Update’s service work on my phone?
- Do I need to do anything to my cell phone account to allow me to receive
- How much information can I receive on my phone?
- What is your refund policy?
1. What is a text message?
A text message is a short (generally 160 characters
or less) message that can be sent or received on the
screen of your mobile phone. Text messages are similar
to emails with the added advantage mobility. There are
over 193 million mobile phone subscribers in the United
States. All mobile phones sold today have the ability
to send and receive text messages.
2. Do people want to receive messages on their phone?
Yes. Consumers are always seeking relevant and unique
ways to save themselves time and money. Subscribers
are opting in to receive these messages. Commodity Update’s
service is 100% “opt-in.” We utilize a double
opt-in process authenticate mobile phone numbers and
the subscribers desire to receive messages.
Commodity Update’s service can reach anyone with a
text enabled mobile phone (95% of phones sold today). According
to a Yankee Group report, 5 billion text messages were sent
in the U.S. every month in the first quarter of 2005.
3. Is the service difficult to use?
No. If you can use a telephone you’ll have no
problem with the service.
4. What is Commodity Update?
Commodity Update provides a service that leverages technology
to deliver critical commodity market data and other
information to the end users’ mobile phone or
other handheld device. The customer has complete discretion
over what information will be delivered and can customize
an “information set” which specifically
compliments their operation, needs, and marketing objectives.
5. What is the Update Message Center?
The Update Message Center is a tool that business and
other users utilize to send critical alerts and product
and other information directly to users who "Opt
In" to receive information from the user. Mobile
messaging is quickly becoming the most direct, widest
reaching, and most cost effective communication medium
in the world. The Update Message Center brings users
the ability to leverage this medium in ways customized
to their needs.
6. Can I provide the service to my customers?
Yes. Businesses often provide the Commodity Update service
to their customers as a promotional product or goodwill
gesture. Businesses can provide commodity market information
on its own or in combination with the Update Message
Center which allows business to provide promotional
or other relevant information to their customers.
7. How much does the service cost?
Individual plans start at $9.95 per month. Discounts
are available through certain retailers you may already
work with. Click to see additional information about
Individual Plans or Business Plans.
8. Are volume discounts available?
Yes. Contact us by Email or call toll free at (866)
376-6094 with your specific needs and we’ll customize
9. How do I sign up for a Commodity Update Account?
Sign up through the “Subscribe” links on
our Home Page or simply click here.
10. Do I have to sign any long-term contracts?
No. There are no contracts to sign and you can use the
service on a month to month basis.
11. Will Commodity Update’s service work on
Our service works with 95% of cell phone carriers in
the United States. Contact us with you number and service
provider to confirm whether the service will work with
12. Do I need to do anything to my cell phone account
to allow me to receive messages?
You may need to activate text messaging capability with
your cell phone company. Most carriers offer packages
with cost ranging from free to $5 per month. Unlimited
message packages are available from most carriers.
13. How much information can I receive on my phone?
Industry standards dictate that a maximum of 160 characters
of information can be delivered in an individual text
message. To the extent large amounts of information
need to be sent or received multiple messages can be
sent to the user at no additional cost.
14. What is your refund policy?
If at any time during the first 90 days you are unhappy with your subscription, contact us to cancel and receive a full refund. If you wish to cancel after 90 days, we will refund any unused portion of your subscription.